Monday, December 19, 2011

Books on Writing Books 2

Here are the list of Books on writing books that I have added to my library so far...

Gotham Writer's Workshop: Writing Fiction
The Write Brain - Bonnie Neubauer
Sin and Syntax -  Constance Hale
The Little Red Writing Book -  Brandon Royal
The Daily Writer - Fred White
Sparknotes: How to Write a Short Story
Spunk and Bite - Arthur Plotnik
The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing - Editors of Writer's Digest

I'm a novice,  perhaps a journeyman at best, and I know in a previous post I stated that most books on writing books are a complete waste of time and paper, and most are, to be honest, my opinion on that hasn't changed in the slightest. But that's not to say I know everything there is to know about writing, or that I don't seek out and or need help, because i don't know everything and i do need help. I am but a mere Padawan Learner, a Jedi Apprentice with no Master to guide me. So, I've began an compulsive search to find fruitful and beneficial material that will help me grow and develop as a writer. and thus far these are the books I found informative enough to add to my Library of study.

To these books and the rules set within I have taken a Bruce Lee, Jeet Kune Do, styled of academic learning approach, meaning, I read through and "Absorb what is useful, disregard that which is useless." Not one of these works, I feel could stand alone as the premier and essential guide to writing, but together, with a bit from this one and a thought from that one, I have found myself becoming a more confident and competent writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers