Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Someday at Christmas there'll be no Modern Warfare 3

It's December! Actually half-way through December and I haven't made a single post until now. I'm so sorry, not only have I not been working on the blog, but I'm still on chapter 19 of my novel as well. <insert-sad-face>

To be honest with you all I've been distracted, and I'd really like to tell you that's its been serious adult life issues that have been keeping me from my work, but it's not.

It's been that darn Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3 [CODMW3], curse that delightfully addictive game. I've been playing almost non-stop since I got it, which is why is in less than 3 weeks I'm a level 77 Brigadier General in mulitplayer and well on my way to Prestige Mode! (Out of 3,468,992 players I'm ranked #135,514 In free-for-all combat!)< BOOyah!>

But I digress, after all, this isn't a blog for gamer nerds (which I am) it's a blog for writing nerds (which I also am). Aside from my unhealthy video game addiction I have also had some serious adult issues IRL (*irl = I.n R.eal L.ife) as well, but none that would stop me from writing, actually they are more inclined to make my writing better, but I'll save that announcement till my next post. (Muhahahahahahaha!)

And now for something actually pertaining to my writing, I finally got one of my test readers to finish the first five chapters of my book.... and they loved it! They could name names, recall scenes and even repeat the story line exactly how I imagined it would be interpreted! It was a great feeling to know you're on the right track and things are coming out on the page the same way you imagined them in your head.

It was an awesome feeling when my reader started trying to predict what was going to happen next and being able to actually see and hear the excitement they had about the story and the characters, it took everything I had not to spill all the beans and tell them how the story unfolds, but in the end I held it in.

But it definitely motivated me to write more and to keep getting better.

till next time,

Lefty

P.S. [DTRS] Clan forever!!!! HUAHH!

2 comments:

  1. Hello fellow lefty!

    Was searching for left handed authors... mostly because I just finished watching bag of bones and noticed how awkwardly Noonan with his right hand.

    I've been doing the same thing with MW3, Skyrim, and BF3. It's a wonderful excuse to be side-tracked, but I really should cut it out. Stop by some time!

    ~ Ed
    edgrey.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello new best friend! *in a creepy child-like voice* Thanks for the post sir, now guess who got added to my favorites list!

    edgrey.wordpress.com

    Yep! You got it!

    ReplyDelete

Followers